To climb Mount Kilimanjaro on the Machame route means to share the mountain with many other trekkers, an accomplishment unlike any other. Hiking this route wears you out more, takes more energy, but not technically difficult. Some people are terribly worried about climbing the Barranco Wall. Don't worry. It's not a cliff face and it's not a climb. It's mostly a very steep path that requires you to use your hands every now and then and to scramble a bit in a couple of places. It’s one of the most scenic routes. This path leads through luxuriant rainforest and then across the alpine tundra of the Shira plateau with its giant lobelia, to the glaciated crater rim of Africa's highest roof which rises to 5895m/19,340ft. We will stand at the summit of Kilimanjaro at sunrise and glory at the wonders of the clouds and African plains below. A magnificent feeling – which you take home with you forever.
- Ascend Kilimanjaro, the Roof of Africa, and behold stunning views from the summit
- Climb the Machame Route, seeing diverse ecosystems from rainforest to alpine desert
- Join a team of experienced local African guides who help you accomplish this amazing feat
- Stay in wood and Stone Mountain camps along the way
- Extend your trip with a safari; unforgettable wildlife viewing is the perfect reward
- Non-technical Climbing